Friday, November 21, 2008

a little late !!

Hello I know this is late, but here are my comments on Carmen RODRIGUEZ. I can say that the book is not a hard book to read, but I do believe that it is directed to a very specific audience. I believe we that live in Vancouver could relate a lot to the book because it has specific details that only people that live here can really understand for example when she tell about bus routs and stops she takes. In the same way i think that there are details about Chile that you need to know Chile to really understand. SO the book is more for someone who was from Chile that came to Vancouver. I did not like the fact that she critizied Canada and Vancouver calling it a black whole also she mentions “The Vancouver beaches had no waves. The chilenian coast is more beautiful. That the Mountain in Vancouver were quite big and lovely. That the Andes were bigger and more lovely.”(pg22) I like the stories individually and the fact that she is experimenting with new styles but as a whole i believe the book lacked a little bit of structure. But I really commend the fact that she wrote in English.

No comments: